Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Suburban Steelhead

I paid homage to the creek that started it all. Nestled in the sleepy village I called home as a kid is an unstocked tributary to the Upper Niagara River that gets quite a few stray Steelhead. I searched its more productive pools this afternoon with a pink sucker spawn. Instead of finding steel I was able to hook up with a couple domestics, one making its way to the bank.







Comments on "Suburban Steelhead"

 

Blogger Ryan said ... (7:20 PM) : 

Did you spot any steel? I usually go there for pike and carp but have been considering it for steel when time is short.

 

Blogger DreamsOfSteel said ... (8:51 PM) : 

Its really hit or miss. Did not spot any steelhead. Usually the spring is alot better. I was short on time and looking to scratch a steelhead itch so I decided to check it out. By the way I really enjoy your blog....we should get out and fish sometime.

 

Blogger Ryan said ... (9:37 PM) : 

I have heard of people catching them in there, I gave it a shot two years ago in the winter and got nothing but I'm thinking of giving it a shot next march. let me know if you ever want to meet up down here I know a few spots on canadaway.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 AM) : 

I have caught many lake run steelhead here before. all were down by UB

 

post a comment